Young athletes face a difficult situation when they finish High School. They have to choose between their sport and university studies. The truth is that it is very complicated to combine the two things. For this reason, every year young athletes all over the globe see athletics scholarships in the USA as the best option to train at the university while getting their degree.
Today, specifically, we are going to talk about Track and Field scholarships in the USA.
There are many reasons why you should decide to study in the USA. Among the main ones, it is worth noting the opportunity to train at some of the best universities in the world. The United States has the four best universities in the world, according to the Ranking Qs 2017-2018: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Harvard University and California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
In addition, young people who are going to study in the USA get a bilingual level of English. And his subsequent labor insertion is much faster. They live a multicultural experience that makes them learn to live with people from very different countries and cultures, something highly valued by large companies in the recruitment processes.
There are more than a thousand universities in the United States that have T&F programs. Specifically, there are 1,146 universities of different organizations that have these programs. The following table shows the number of universities in each organization and the number of scholarships offered by each university for women and men:
|Organization||Nº of Universities||Nº of Scholarships per team|
The athletics scholarships are offered depending on the academic and sporting level of each athelete:
– Academic requirements: to obtain these scholarships it is necessary, in the first place, to finish the High School. In addition, you must take the SAT and TOEFL exams. The better the grades, the more chances there are of obtaining a scholarship. Therefore, it is advisable to do the SAT twice, since the notes are usually much improved the second time.
– Sports requirements: to be eligible for an athletic scholarship it is necessary to have a high competitive level. The coaches, who are the ones offering the help, are guided by the times and the most recent marks of the athlete.
If you want to get an athletic scholarship in the USA, we give you some tips to make your American dream come true:
– Be patient! You must bear in mind that it is a slow process. To avoid last-minute burdens, start the process with time and do it in an orderly and calm manner.
– Do your best. You have to improve your sports results and also take care of your grades in high school.
– Register in Mooxye and create a profile. Within the platform you will find all the information you need.